Job Vacancy! A vacancy exists for an experienced and competent Senior Transmission Engineer.Dolphin Telecom
The Job requirement;
- Coach and coordinate the activities of the Transmission Engineers at the Accra ACE Cable Landing Station.
- Assume lead role in the Operations & Maintenance of Accra ACE Cable Landing Station to ensure optimum performance of all station equipment including (PFE, SLTE, SIE) and terrestrial transmission network.
- Supervise the installations and commissioning of transmission equipment, and performance of PAT with relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with ACE Submarine Cable stakeholders such as the Submarine NOC (SNOC), Alcatel Submarine Networks (ASN), etc.
- Monitor and advice on the activities of Dolphin facility management partners to ensure strict adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Prepare written technical reports and other technical documentation to communicate ideas, concepts and details necessary to accomplish specific goals as per request.
- Provide expert advice on Performance Monitoring and Tuning, Systems Configuration and Integration, Network Optimization, Upgrades and System Health.
- Manage Station Inventory and ensure safety of station equipment, by publishing a proper RMA for any faulty equipment in line with agreed supply chain procedure.
- Any other directives or duties as assigned by the Technical Manager.
Qualifications And Experience Needed:
- Bachelors’ degree in Telecommunication or Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum FIVE (5) years of experience in transmission networks within the telecom industry.
- Ability to operate and maintain a large network with complex network topology.
- Strong knowledge of Transmission Technologies and Equipment, SDH/DWDM/OTN.
- Hands-on experience on Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei and Tejas equipment.
- Excellent knowledge in Submarine Telecommunication and its related technologies.
- Familiar with the use of various test equipment, i.e. OSA, OTDR, VOA, SDH & Ethernet Analyzers, Optical power meters, etc.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closes September 20th 2019