Job Vacancy | IT Support and System Engineer.Dolphin Telecom
A Submarine Cable Company in the Telecom Industry, specializes in Wholesale Internet Service Provision (WISP) and other related services, has a vacancy for an experienced and competent IT Support and System Engineer.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensure stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the company information systems that support the core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, website, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Any other directives or tasks as assigned by the Technical Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Professional qualification in Information Technology Support from a recognized institution will be an advantage
- Computer Programming Languages: Scripting# PHP, HMTL,MySQl Logical and Structured Thinking.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in IT & system support
- Excellent IT support skills to solve complex hardware and software related issues.
- Command over Servers and Systems: LINUX(Ubuntu) & WINDOWS (Windows Server 2012/2016 r2) Servers systems administration.
- VoIP Phone systems configuration and management.
- Command over windows Office tools (mail Outlook), Webmail systems, WordPress
- Excellent troubleshooting on LAN networks.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Qualified candidates should please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org application closes on the 10 March 2019.