Job Vacancy! A vacancy exists for an experienced and competent Cable Station Engineer – Transmission.Dolphin Telecom
A Submarine Cable Company in the Telecom Industry, specializes in Wholesale Internet Service Provision (WISP) and other related services, has a vacancy for an experienced and competent Cable Station Engineer (NIGERIA STATION).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor and Maintain the Transmission Network Infrastructure to ensure optimum performance of all ACE Terminal Station equipment including (PFE, SLTE, SIE) and terrestrial transmission network.
• Responsible for efficient troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of transmission related issues.
• Provision, test and commission new services on different network platforms, troubleshoot complex application and provisioning related problems.
• To conduct survey for any new telecom site for us to make sure that any new installations will follow proper standards and Acceptance Tests Procedures.
• Maintain communication with team and management to ensure that work will be completed on schedule and in compliance with established procedures and practices.
• Prepare written reports and other technical documentation to communicate ideas, concepts and details necessary to accomplish specific goals.
• To provide and follow up proper RMA for any faulty equipment to assure the availability of the equipment.
• Assist in the planning and execution of new Projects.
• Any other directives or duties as assigned by the Cable Station Manager or Technical Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors’ degree in Telecommunication or Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in transmission networks within the telecom industry.
• Ability to operate and maintain a large network with complex network topology.
• Strong knowledge of Transmission Technologies and Equipment, SDH/DWDM/OTN.
• Excellent knowledge in Submarine Cable Station equipment, preferably Alcatel-Lucent products.
• Familiar with the use of various test equipment, i.e. OSA, OTDR, VOA, Transmission Analyzers, Optical power meters, etc.
• Familiar with Alcatel-Lucent SDH equipment, and preferably Submarine Terminal Equipment.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending CV to email@example.com.