Johnnie ColemanDolphin Telecom
Mr. Coleman has driven cutting edge broadband communications in terms of design, build and implementation plus systems integration for over twenty-four (24) years and has been instrumental as a pioneer member in the build of several currently large Communications Organizations and ISP operations in West Africa.
His diligence, integrity, knowledge, expertise and vast wealth of experience led to the development of several broadband and other state-of-the-art communications platforms including Wireless, Satellite, Terrestrial Fibre and Submarine Fibre Optic Cable Systems.
Johnnie’s stint in Telecommunications was preceded by work in Systems & Software Development, Networking plus Systems integration for a number of Technology companies.
Some of his past roles include:
- Pioneer member as Systems Administrator then became Chief Technology Officer for Africa Online Ghana (then owned by Prodigy Internet USA but currently owned by Telkom SA).
- Pioneer member as Chief Technology Officer, Third Rail Ltd (currently DiscoveryTel Ghana).
- Head of the Broadband Wireless Unit in Intercellular and subsequently Acting CEO for Silicon Wireless (a wholly owned broadband communications subsidiary of Intercellular Nigeria Limited).
- Pioneer member, Group CTO for Accelon (a joint venture between SES Astra, IDC and African Venture Partners) an African broadband satellite communications platform/services provider and subsequently acquired by the Dimension Data Group.
- CTO for Internet Solutions West African Operations (part of the Dimension Data Group)
- Pioneer member, Chief Technology Officer for Main One Cable Company (a Submarine Cable Company), after a stint as the Business and Solutions Development Director for West Africa plus the Head of Network Planning & Implementation.
- CEO for CAPCOM Telecoms (owned Multilinks Nigeria and MTS First Wireless) - building terrestrial fibre and plans for LTE.
- Founder and Ag. CEO of Tech-Centrum (a Consulting and Information Communication Telecommunications Services company).
Johnnie continues the promotion of a common state-of-the-art communications infrastructure across the African region to interconnect Africa and Africa to the rest of the world.